Thursday, May 21, 2009

Illuminati

So I went to see Illuminati (called Angels & Demons in the U.S.?) last night, mostly because it is rare when they play movies in English here and I missed going to the movies.

I have to say I had trouble seeing why some religious people would get so upset about this (you know, besides the fact that some of them just like to get upset over anything). I mean, this film is clearly a fictional work. And I don't even think that it portrayed religion in a bad light.

In fact, the message I think I got out of it was that science and religion could co-exist, but that science was naive and religion was slow to adapt. I think.

Truthfully, the only thing I enjoyed about this film was how hot Ewan McGregor looked in his robes.

Oh, and I also was drooling through the previews for Public Enemies, a film about John Dillinger starring Johnny Depp and Christian Bale coming out this year. Yes, please!

Tonight I'm going to see Star Trek, and from what I hear, it should be a lot better than this film.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"The only way to make sure people you agree with can speak is to support the rights of people you don't agree with." -Eleanor Holmes Norton