- Instead of answering any of your points, they attack you and your expertise/knowledge personally.
- They deny saying things that they said, even when provided with quotes, which usually leads to...
- They accuse you of quoting them out of context, even when the context does not change the meaning in any significant way.
- They become condescending and tell you they feel sorry for you because you don't agree with them.
- They continue to repeat an argument that you have already refuted.
- They accuse you of taking things too seriously for continuing the debate, even as they are continuing it.
Saturday, May 23, 2009
Signs that the debate you are engaging in is futile: